BLITZ is looking for a stellar Senior Project Manager to lead the digital production efforts on some of our largest accounts. The right candidate has a background that includes managing large programs or projects, managing individual team members, working with complex technology systems and working with forward-thinking clients.
The Project Manager must be solution oriented and build and maintain a successful and effective program of work. This requires a demonstrated mix of balancing scope, time, cost, risk and quality while maintaining a positive “can do” attitude that promotes a high performance team and supports account management in nurturing client relationships and growing annual budgets. This also requires recognizing situations that need more direct oversight, and working closely with the client and internal teams to quickly execute time-sensitive requests.
BLITZ is a recognized and awarded independent digital agency. Join us if you thrive in an entrepreneurial, growth-oriented agency where you can make a difference.
The Delivery department at BLITZ is at the center of everything we do. Every member contributes to collective problem solving while independently collaborating with discipline leads from UX, Creative, Strategy, Technology, Social, Search, Analytics and Account Management to produce the work that makes our clients business grow. At BLITZ, we work hard and play hard, and champion digital innovation every day.
- You live to make the work, and the environment in which the work is created, better. You have a quality focus and you never stop trying to improve the outcome.
- You define the word proactive, always thinking (and doing) three steps ahead of everyone around you.
- Solution is your middle name. You’re relentlessly resourceful - there’s no problem you can’t find a solution to.
- You embody teamwork, respect, and collaboration. You’re not happy until your ‘mates are.
- You’re endlessly interested in your work and that of your colleagues and clients as well as the evolving digital world around you. You’re not afraid of change; you embrace it. Learning and exploring come naturally.
- You have a keen sense of accountability. You deliver on your promises and take responsibility for your actions.
You devise and implement solutions to a wide array of digital production challenges, while creating an environment of team and agency success:
- Shepherd and add value to the production process, applying intimate understanding of project scope and managing resources to deliver against it while achieving desired profit margins
- Prepare sound project plans and estimates
- Maximize agency efficiency and quality through innovative solutions and artful application of resources
- Understand and communicate the critical path for project success and that of each discipline involved
- Consistently provide a point of clarity for the team regarding final product, scope, schedule, workflow and associated risks
- Capture business requirements and use cases and ensure delivery of them through production and across disciplines
- Identify, prioritize, communicate and mitigate project risks
- Anticipate change and manage it resourcefully and productively
- Act as resolution point for all team members during the process
- Escalate complex challenges to senior management and ensure resolution
- Communicate project status with team members, clients and other stakeholders on an ongoing basis, ensuring effective exchange of project information
- Keep the team focused and morale high throughout project challenges
- Create valuable, professional, mutually respectful client relationships
- Ensure the agency’s interests are met in the negotiation of vendor/contractor/partner agreements
- Forecast, track and manage project budgets, POs and invoices
- Produce excellent documentation including SOWs, schedules, change orders, and conference reports
- Mentor and train junior project managers to constantly increase their individual proficiency
Your Skills and Characteristics
- Think. You consider the big picture and the long-term goals as well as the task at hand. You consider impacts and outcomes, using sound judgment when making decisions. Your extensive experience in web-based applications, website development of all sizes, online advertising, social campaigns, and video/asset production consistently makes BLITZ’s work smarter.
- Collaborate. You’re a team player who seeks and contributes expert advice in equal balance. You are admired for your ability to work successfully with a diverse group of people. You are able to hold high standards while balancing the needs of many constituents.
- Communicate. You communicate universally, understanding the motivations of your various audiences and tailoring your communication to get the best out of each. You are highly attuned to the nuances of language and how your language choices impact outcomes. You are a leader and a diplomat.
- Manage. You are an extremely proficient at multi-tasking. You respect the disciplines and delegate appropriately while holding the team accountable to high standards. You’re highly process-oriented, organized and let no detail slip between the cracks. You unfailingly exhibit grace under pressure.
- Do. You aren’t content with talk; you roll up your sleeves and do. You behave in a constructive, productive manner.
- Proficient in: Project management tools for budgeting and estimating, project scheduling, forecasting and communication including but not limited to Microsoft Office Suite, Basecamp, Jira; current technical development best practices and processes.
- BS/BA in Marketing, Engineering or related area
- Minimum 5+ years of experience in web site, software and/or interactive medium production, in a producer or project management role
- Experience in a client service provider environment, preferably advertising or digital agency
- Minimum of 4 years of client-facing experience
- Working experience in an Agile environment