The VP, Technology is the technology analog to the traditional Group Creative Director position. This is to say that he/she is responsible for driving innovation across projects, clients and even industries. The VP, Technology will develop client relations, assess the uses and advantages of competing technologies, clearly communicate the right technical approaches, direct the efforts of other groups of developers, and inspire others to exceed expectations.
If assigned to a specific account, a VP, Technology is responsible for building a rapport with the AMP L.A. creative and UX teams as well as the client’s technical team. Once assigned to an account or project the VP, Technology is responsible for knowing all the relevant information for building, deploying and maintaining work for within the client environment.
- Tech group leadership. Hires, retains and rewards a best in class technology team. Does performance evaluations and career development planning. Creates an environment where Innovators can successfully achieve professional career path goals. Mentorship is both interpersonal and platform.
- Technical lead on pitches. Can gain confidence of CIOs/CTOs in the context of an RFP.
- Resourcing. Assigns team member to work based on skill set, cultural fit and bandwidth.
- Constantly iterating to improve our processes and operations.
- Participates in leadership team.
- Establish and refine delivery of projects as it pertains to technology as a service.
- Serves as a technical expert representative across teams, clients, and the information technology industry.
- Offers technical support across practices in offering definition and positioning.
- Suggests alternative technical solutions to meet client requirements more efficiently, and/or with greater reusability, and / or longer life.
- Architect and model applications prior to coding.
- Can assess the quality of team members’ code for deployment on the web, standalone, mobile, and other platforms
- Optimize code and architecture for great performance and outstanding user experiences
- Author and maintain technical documentation through the life of the project.
- Ability to adjust approach based on project circumstance.
- High fluency with Django and Django CMS.
- Working knowledge of Sitecore.
Technical Effort Management
- Promotes and coordinates technical knowledge harvesting within the organization.
- Defines, communicates and enforces coding standards.
- Identifies reusable code required for our code library and ensures the high quality creation of the code.
- Manages multiple technical teams within budget and project schedule.
- Tracks and identifies new opportunities to improve our methodology and training offerings.
- Assists in strategic sales efforts from a technical perspective.
- Consistently delivers high-quality services to our clients.
- 8+ years experience developing and deploying Internet sites and applications in an agency / design firm environment
- 4+ years leading a team of developers
Expert in at least 2 (scripting) languages and 1 database engine:
- Python, specifically Django and/or DjangoCMS
- .NET, specifically C# and MVC
- SQL Server (T-SQL &/or Admin), mySQL, Oracle
- Web Service Development
- Apache, IIS, other
- Experience with hand-coding advanced HTML, CSS(SCSS)
Object-oriented design and development strategies
Ability to analyze and debug complex systems
Strong written and oral communication skills
Must be flexible and be willing to move between projects and tasks as needed
NO RECRUITERS PLEASE
MUST have Python experience (DjangoCMS Framework experience a plus)!!!