This role will create, implement and optimize process rigor for AMP L.A.
The ideal candidate is mature, responsible and possesses a unique blend technical knowledge and strong interpersonal, management and leadership skills. The job requires excellent agile and waterfall process management skills, the ability to plan, direct, and coordinate activities to ensure that the goals of the project are accomplished on schedule and within budget. This person will be responsible for defining project and scope, budgeting, content planning, team management and mentorship, facilitating team and client communication.
This is a dual role – 50% process owner and coach, 50% billable on one large initiative.
Must be strong willed, able to say no and guard process. Must be able to say ‘no.’
Compensation is tightly tied to project profitability.
- Agile and waterfall owner – the champion for process internally
- Train and mentor project managers, producers, account leads, UX and development resources to produce great work on-time and within budget.
- Able to adjust approach based on unique client or staffing dynamics
- Can coach integrated teams to work better, more efficiently and closer together
- Is clear and experienced on high level project pipeline and interoperability issues between several departments, whether internal, external, and / or overseas, and the critical paths for all the disciplines, as well as at least a topical understanding of the day-to-day tasks of these departments in regards to development.
- Understands and has experience in web-based applications, large scale websites, small scale marketing websites.
- Demonstrate qualities of diplomacy, problem solving and decisiveness, as well as the proven ability to balance many needs and remain detail oriented while tracking and organizing many resources.
- Guards project profitability.
- BS/BA degree in Marketing, Engineering, or related area (or equivalent experience
- At least 5 years of experience in Web site, software or interactive medium production and project management, including expert knowledge of the Web site development process
- Must possess excellent creative, organizational, verbal and written communication skills
- Must be able to handle large, complex technical projects
- Proven agile project success
- Demonstrates good judgment in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions
- Appearance of fairness and sound judgment when using authority
- Process-driven ability to organize people and activities
- String willed, able to say no, stand up to unreasonable demands and unrealistic scope assumptions
Useful Additional Skills: (pluses / preferred additional skills to make a stronger candidate)
- Knowledge of Invision, A-ha!