Manager’s Position: Group Creative Director
This position is Accountable for producing the following result:
As a designer for BLITZ you’ll be involved in original design work, and will help to craft a project from concept to completion. While you’ll still be helping with internal page comping and occasional breakup, you’ll be responsible for original design and will begin to participate more in concept creation.
What you’ll be doing:
- Working with Creative Leads and Project Managers to develop a wide variety of online and multimedia projects
- Assisting with break-up and optimization of visual assets for final development
- Creating comps based on existing design direction
- Contributing well-developed ideas during brainstorms and conceptual meetings
- Generating storyboards that outline animation and/or motion graphics
- Contributing to Business Development efforts in the form of presentation deck graphics and visual assets
Will be formally outlined with your manager within 90 days of hire.
- Gain experience in initial concepting and brainstorming
- Become skilled at creating original homepage comps without established direction
- Become indoctrinated into video visual effects, 3D or photography workflows and practices
- Begin to mentor and provide guidance to junior designers
- Hone verbal communication skills as you move closer towards client interaction
- Have a portfolio of outstanding work, with 1-2 years working in the interactive space or related-field experience that exemplifies a solid understanding of typography and layout.
- Must have solid skills in Photoshop & Illustrator and know the concept of “clean,” layered files
- Understand Flash and After Effects applications is recommended, other digital editing software/knowledge a plus.
- Familiarity with Keynote software and presentation deck creation a plus
- A developing sense of UI design and human/interface interaction.
- Have excellent time management and communication skills
- A collaborative work ethic, knowing your gaining experience from some of the industry's best
- A passion for design, out of the box ideation and a constant drive to learn
- Able to work independently, doesn't like to be micro-managed, but seeks help when needed